A new edition of this title is available, ISBN-10: 0136068685 ISBN-13: 9780136068686
Table of contents
- Praise for Search Engine Marketing, Inc.
- IBM Press
- Acknowledgments from Mike
- Acknowledgments from Bill
- About the Authors
1. The Basics of Search Marketing
1. Why Search Marketing Is Important … and Difficult
- Web Search Basics
- Search and Your Marketing Mix
- The Challenge of Search Success
2. How Search Engines Work
- Matching the Search Query
- Ranking the Matches
- Displaying Search Results
- Finding Web Pages for the Organic Index
- Analyzing the Content
- Building the Organic Index
- Search Relationships
3. How Search Marketing Works
- Organic Search
- Directory Listings
- Paid Placement
4. How Searchers Work
- Visitor Behavior
- The Searcher's Intent
- The Searcher's Click
- The Searcher's Follow-Through
- 1. Why Search Marketing Is Important … and Difficult
2. Develop Your Search Marketing Program
- 5. Identify Your Web Site's Goals
- 6. Measure Your Web Site's Success
7. Measure Your Search Marketing Success
- Target Your First Search Marketing Campaign
- Assess Your Current Situation
- Calculate Your First Campaign's Opportunity
8. Define Your Search Marketing Strategy
- Choose the Scope of Your Search Marketing Program
- Divide the Search Marketing Work
- Choose Your Search Marketing Approach
- Project Your Search Marketing Costs
9. Sell Your Search Marketing Proposal
- Assemble Your Search Marketing Proposal
- Sell Your Proposal to the Extended Search Team
Sell Your Proposal to Executives
Ten Questions Your Executive Might Ask
- What Is Search Marketing and Why Do I Care?
- How Does This Help Me Achieve My Corporate Goals?
- Where Do We Stand Today?
- What Are Our Competitors Doing?
- What Are You Proposing to Do?
- What Business Value Do You Expect to Achieve?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How Long Will It Take?
- Why Should I Fund This Project over Current Projects?
- What Are the Risks?
- Close the Deal
- Ten Questions Your Executive Might Ask
3. Execute Your Search Marketing Program
10. Get Your Site Indexed
- What If Your Site Is Not Indexed?
- How Many Pages on Your Site Are Indexed?
How Can More Pages from Your Site Be Indexed?
- Eliminate Spider Traps
- Reduce Ignored Content
- Create Spider Paths
- Use Paid Inclusion
11. Choose Your Target Keywords
- The Value of Keyword Planning
- Your Keyword Planning Philosophy
Step-by-Step Keyword Planning
- Gather Your Keyword Candidate List
- Research Each Keyword Candidate
- Prioritize Your Keyword Candidate List
12. Optimize Your Content
- What Search Engines Look For
- The Philosophy of Writing for Search
Step-by-Step Optimization for Search Landing Pages
- Choose a Search Landing Page for a Set of Keywords
- Analyze the Metrics for Your Search Landing Page
- Audit Your Search Landing Page
- Improve Your Search Landing Page's Content
13. Attract Links to Your Site
- Why Search Engines Value Links
- Your Linking Philosophy
- Step-by-Step Link Building for Your Site
14. Optimize Your Paid Search Program
- Paid Search Opportunities
- Your Paid Search Philosophy
Step-by-Step Paid Search Optimization
- Set Up Your Paid Search Program
- Choose Your Targets
- Attract Searchers' Clicks
- Optimize Paid Search Landing Pages
- Measure and Adjust Your Campaigns
15. Make Search Marketing Operational
- Set Up Your Central Search Team
- Establish Search Marketing Best Practices
Track Search Marketing Success
- Assess Your Site's Content
- Check Your Search Rankings
- Monitor Search Referrals
- Calculate Web Conversions from Search
- Review Your Measurements with Others
- 16. What's Next?
- 10. Get Your Site Indexed
- Title: Search Engine Marketing, Inc.: Driving Search Traffic to Your Company's Web Site
- Release date: July 2005
- Publisher(s): IBM Press
- ISBN: None
You might also like
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Product Analytics: Applied Data Science Techniques for Actionable Consumer Insights
Use Product Analytics to Understand and Change Consumer Behavior at Scale is a complete, hands-on guide …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
The Art of Capital Restructuring: Creating Shareholder Value through Mergers and Acquisitions
The most up-to-date guide on making the right capital restructuring moves The Art of Capital Restructuring …