The third edition of the bestselling guide to do-it-yourself SEO
Getting seen on the first page of search engine result pages is crucial for businesses and online marketers. Search engine optimization helps improve Web site rankings, and it is often complex and confusing. This task-based, hands-on guide covers the concepts and trends and then lays out a day-by-day strategy for developing, managing, and measuring a successful SEO plan. With tools you can download and case histories to illustrate key points, it's the perfect solution for busy marketers, business owners, and others whose jobs include improving Web site traffic.
A successful SEO plan is vital to any business with an online presence
This book provides strategies for setting goals and gaining corporate support, developing and implementing a plan, and monitoring trends and results
Offers hints, tips, and techniques for everyone from one-person shops to Fortune 500 companies
Companion Web site includes downloadable tracking spreadsheets, keyword list templates, templates for checking rank and site indexes, and a calendar with daily SEO tasks that you can import into your own calendar system
Fully updated and expanded, Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day, Third Edition will help you raise your visibility on the Web.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Praise for Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day
- Dear Reader,
- About the Authors
Part I: Foundation
Chapter 1: Clarify Your Goals
- What Is SEO?
- Do I Need to Perform SEO for My Website?
- What Are the Overall Goals of My Business?
- What Function Does My Website Serve?
- How Is My Website Connecting with the Goals of My Business?
- Who Do I Want to Visit My Website?
- What Do I Want Visitors to Do on My Website?
- Which Pages Do I Most Want My Website Visitors to See?
- How Will I Measure the Success of This SEO Campaign?
- Chapter 2: Customize Your Approach
- Chapter 3: Eternal Truths of SEO
- Chapter 4: How the Search Engines Work Right Now
- Chapter 1: Clarify Your Goals
Part II: Strategy
- Chapter 5: Get Your Team on Board
- Chapter 6: Your One-Month Prep: Keywords, Priorities, and Goals
Part III: Your SEO Plan
- Chapter 7: Month One: Kick It into Gear
- Chapter 8: Month Two: Establish the Habit
- Chapter 9: Month Three: It’s a Way of Life
- Chapter 10: Extra Credit and Guilt-Free Slacking
- Title: Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day, 3rd Edition
- Release date: January 2011
- Publisher(s): Sybex
- ISBN: 9780470902592