Discover the secrets of success behind Australia's top online businesses and maximise your own online potential
Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs is the ultimate 'how to' guide for creating, building, and selling an online business. Packed with inspiring stories of how some of Australia's most successful online entrepreneurs built their businesses, these internet mavericks will reveal the secrets of their success and provide valuable insights into how anyone with a hobby, passion, or innovative business idea can take advantage of the vast opportunities that a global market now offers.
Whether you want to build an online business from scratch or amplify your existing online presence, these hard-hitting interviews will give you the practical tools, tips, and strategies you need to fast-track your business idea and take it from concept to completion. You'll discover what industries are ready for disruption, how to spot a profitable niche, how to growth hack a database, why most online businesses fail, how to access a vast array of free tools to help you get your online idea off the ground, and much more. Most importantly, you'll discover why there's never been a better time to launch an online business.
Discover the 7-step process for building an online business that will exponentially increase your likelihood of success
Learn how to measure, test, and evaluate demand for an online product or service before you launch it
Access the templates, cheat sheets, websites, and apps used by the entrepreneurs to build their businesses and learn how you can apply them to your business too.
Don't miss this next wave of industry disruption. Get on board the internet express and snare a slice of the pie for what promises to be one of the most transformational times in business history.
Table of Contents
- THE AUTHOR'S STORY
- The state of play
- Who's not shopping online?
- No industry is immune
- The kids will be all right. Or will they?
- If we're not part of the solution, are we part of the problem?
- Why can't things be the way they were?
- What's the future of business, any business?
- The 7 steps to creating a wildly successful online business
CHAPTER ONE PURPOSE
- What's your vision?
- Make a decision: lifestyle vs equity
- Key questions to consider before setting up your online business
- What's the best business model for you?
- Passion or profit: what should you follow?
- Work out what problem you are solving
- What business are you in?
- Don't give up your day job — or should you?
- What to expect when you're expecting success
- What's next?
- CHAPTER TWO PEOPLE
- CHAPTER THREE PLANNING
CHAPTER FOUR PROFIT
- The online gold rush
- What business model will you choose?
- What's easier to sell: a tangible product or an intangible service?
- Online products vs online services: what's easier to sell?
- How to turn any product or service into an information product
- If you want to make serious money online, build a bridge
- Pricing for profit
- Measure twice, cut once
- Working with investors
- What's next?
- CHAPTER FIVE POSITIONING
CHAPTER SIX PROFILE
- The Ricardo Montalban School of Entrepreneurship
- Profile equals profit
- ‘I just want to do my thing!'
- The journey to relevance
- What's a personal brand?
- The rise and rise of the personal brand
- The rest, as they say, is history
- The one-liner test: what's yours?
- What's your personal brand?
- Know your persona before you start
- How to build a profile
- What's next?
CHAPTER SEVEN PROMOTION
- How can I drive traffic to my site?
- How can I monetise social media?
- How can I use PR to create media attention?
- Does TV still work?
- The power of email marketing
- Email campaigns: tips and tricks to getting great results
- How important is search engine optimisation (SEO)?
- How does guest blogging work?
- How to build an online community
- How to connect with teenagers and digital natives
- How to outsource effectively
- TAKE ACTION: THE SEVEN-STEP ACTION PLAN TO CREATING A WILDLY SUCCESSFUL ONLINE BUSINESS
- APPENDIX 1 THE TOP FREE APPS EVERY ONLINE ENTREPRENEUR NEEDS WHEN STARTING OUT
- APPENDIX 2 THE COPYWRITER'S CREATIVE BRIEF
- Title: Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs: How Australia's Online Mavericks, Innovators and Disruptors Built Their Businesses ... And How You Can Too
- Release date: September 2015
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780730320340