The Second Edition of the popular book on the most practical approach to project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and scope management! With hundreds of real-world project examples, this book will change the way you think about and understand the WBS. Learn the secrets to mastering the WBS and obtain smarter project results starting now. A must-read book for successful project managers.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Figures and Tables
- 1 - What is the WBS?
- 2 - Why Should you use the WBS?
- 3 - What are the 4 Typical Confusions about the WBS?
- 4 - What are the Key Questions to Understanding the WBS?
5 - What are the Key Questions to Mastering the WBS?
- What are the WBS Levels, WBS ID, and Numbering?
- What is a WBS Component and a WBS Element?
- What Types of WBS Components Exist?
- What is a Work Package?
- How do you Decompose the Project Work?
- How many Components are in Real-World Projects?
- What are the WBS Fields or Attributes?
- How do you Name a Component?
- What is the 100 % Rule?
- What are Good and Bad WBS Examples?
- What is the WBS Dictionary?
- 6 - How do you Create a Valuable WBS?
7- What are the Software Tools for the WBS?
- WBS Chart Pro™
- Microsoft® Visio and WBS Modeler
- Spreadsheet Software
- Microsoft® Project and WBS Director
- Primavera® P6™
- WBS Software Tools Comparison Chart
- How do you Customize WBS ID fields Instead of using Default Fields?
- How do you use Different Files per WBS Level or Branch?
- 8 - How do you Integrate the WBS with Scope Management?
- 9 - How do you Integrate the WBS with the Schedule and Costs?
- 10 - How do you Integrate the WBS with Communications, Risks, Acquisitions, Human Resources, and Quality?
- 11 - How do you use the WBS in Global, Multicultural, and Virtual Projects?
- 12 - Can you use the WBS in Agile Projects?
- Abbreviations and Acronyms
- References and Resources
- About the Author
- Title: Secrets to Mastering the WBS in Real World Projects, 2nd Edition
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Project Management Institute
- ISBN: 9781628250336
You might also like
The Project Management Tool Kit: 100 Tips and Techniques for Getting the Job Done Right
Today’s projects are more complex and challenging than ever, and project managers need all the help …
Project Management Case Studies and Lessons Learned
Project managers who lead globally dispersed teams face unique challenges in managing project stakeholders, scope, knowledge …
Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
Recent research has shown that organizations continue to experience project issues associated with the poor performance …
Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling, Tenth Edition
The landmark project management reference, now in a new edition Now in a Tenth Edition, this …