This chapter covers
- Security-style unit tests
- A security perspective on feature toggles
- Writing automated security tests
- Why availability tests are important
- How misconfiguration causes security issues
Most developers agree that testing should be an integral part of the development process. This way, the perils of having a separate bug-fixing phase after development is avoided. Methodologies such as test-driven development (TDD) and behavior-driven development (BDD) have made it the de facto standard to execute thousands of tests each time a change is integrated. But for some reason, perhaps because security is an afterthought for many people, this only seems to apply to nonsecurity tests. ...