Protect your Node.js application data from common attacks
About This Video
- A complete guide to securing your applications in Node.js.
- Get exposure to various practical problems and get clear solutions, while developing a foundation based on how those solutions work.
- Work with the tools required to evaluate the security of libraries and safeguard them against common vector attacks, cross-request site forgery, and many more attacks.
Everyone agrees that web application security is very important but there are very few to take it seriously. There have been lots of high-profile instances of websites having their password databases exposed to the World (e.g. Ashley Madison and Adobe).
You don’t want the application you are building to be the next big security horror story. This course will get you up-to-speed on the key attack vectors, quickly covering issues such as cross-site scripting, CSRF, and SQL injection. It will provide you with clear, practical approaches to mitigating these problems. It will show you how to implement OAuth and two-factor authentication for the additional protection of users who need it. Further, we will delve into the critical process of adding secured, well-thought-out authentication and authorization to a Node.js application. After completing this course, you should be confident in your ability to make an application secure with Node.js and keep your data protected.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Securing-Applications-in-Node.js-V-
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Cross-Site Request Forgery
- Chapter 3 : SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting
- Chapter 4 : Passwords and Passwordless
- Chapter 5 : Two-Factor Authentication
- Chapter 6 : OAuth
- Chapter 7 : Authorization, Deployment and Managing Secret Keys
- Title: Securing Applications in Node.js
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789136791