Securing the Instance
This chapter talks about how to secure the instance itself from what to install on the instance, and how to secure various parts of the SQL Server instance.
Information in this chapter
• What to install and when
• SQL authentication and windows authentication
• Password change policies
• Auditing failed logins
• Renaming the SA account
• Disabling the SA account
• Securing endpoints
• Stored procedures as a security measure
• Minimum permissions possible
• Linked servers
• Using policies to secure your instance
• SQL azure specific settings
• Instances that leave the office
• SQL CLR
• Extended stored procedures ...
Get Securing SQL Server, 3rd Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.