Security for Business Professionals offers business executives and managers everything they need to set-up a security program, especially for those who don’t have the resources to hire an in-house security staff. It can also be used for assessing the adequacy of an existing security program.
The book provides an overview of the key security objectives and challenges that managers face, such as how to measure the effectiveness of a security program and balance the costs and benefits. It also shows how to develop security procedures that conform to key regulatory requirements, and how to assess an organization’s most important risks, vulnerabilities, and threats.
Security for Business Professionals addresses key physical and informational security concerns, including areas such as asset protection, loss prevention, and personnel security. It also discusses how to develop emergency and incident response plans, and concludes with suggested safety and security exercises and training recommendations.
- Written in an introductory and accessible way for those new to security.
- Illustrates key concepts with case studies and real-world examples from a wide variety of industries.
- Provides recommended readings and checklists for more in-depth coverage of each topic.
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- 1. Leadership and Management
Part 1. Security Planning Considerations
- 2. Safety and Security Principles
- 3. Security Plan Development and Risk Assessment
- 4. Safety and Security Program Administration
- 5. Facility Security Design
Part 2. Security Program Areas
- 6. Physical Security
- 7. Information Security
- 8. Personnel Security
Part 3. Emergency Response and Training
- 9. Emergency Response and Contingency Planning
- 10. Safety and Security Training Program
- Title: Security for Business Professionals
- Release date: August 2014
- Publisher(s): Butterworth-Heinemann
- ISBN: 9780128006214
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Computer Security Handbook, Fifth Edition
The classic and authoritative reference in the field of computer security, now completely updated and revised. …
Introduction to Computer Networks and Cybersecurity
If a network is not secure, how valuable is it? Introduction to Computer Networks and Cybersecurity …