Time for action – complex working with multiple windows
In the next example we are going to open up two pop-up windows and move between them and the parent window as it completes its steps.
- Start Selenium IDE and go to Chapter 1 on the website.
- Click on the Click this link to launch another window link. This will launch a pop-up window.
- Assert the text on the page. We do this by right-clicking and selecting assertText.
- Go back to the parent window and click on the link to launch the second pop-up window.
- Verify the text on the page.
- Move to the first pop-up window and close it using the close link. As before, be aware of
clickAndWait instead of click.
- Move to the second pop-up window and close it using the close link.
- Move back to the parent window and ...