Time for action – working on pages with AJAX
In our first example, we are going to click on a link and then assert some text is visible on the screen:
- Start up Selenium IDE and make sure that the Record button is pressed.
- Navigate to http://book.theautomatedtester.co.uk/chapter1.
- Click on the text that says Click this link to load a page with AJAX.
- Verify the text that appears on your screen. Your test should look like the following screenshot:
- Run the test that you have created. When it has finished running it should look like the following screenshot:
Have a look at the page that you are working against. Can you see the text that the test is expecting? ...