Does Your Sales Force Have A Purpose?
(Or do you just sell stuff?)
Shadowing hundreds of salespeople for a double-blind study on performance, sales leadership consultant Lisa McLeod made a significant discovery: Salespeople driven by a sense of purpose wildly outperformed those driven by quotas.
McLeod noticed that superstars didn't look at their quotas and ask, "How can I meet them?" They looked at their customers and asked, "How can I help them?" In McLeod's groundbreaking sales management book you'll discover why...
Driving Revenue Is Not The Purpose Of A Sales Force. It's The Test Of Its Effectiveness
Stellar performers don't just "sell stuff." They want to have an impact on their customer's lives. In her brilliant sales book, McLeod shows sales management leaders how to cultivate a sense of "noble purpose" in their team. First, by knowing that...
Overemphasizing Profit Erodes Your Bottom Line
When spreadsheets are more important than the customer's condition, problems escalate for your sales team:
Customers view you as a commodity
Customers perceive everything as a sales technique
They place undue emphasis on minor problems
Contracts are constantly in jeopardy over small dollars
Sales strategy defaults to lowering the price
A Sense of Purpose Produces More Sales Than Bonus Incentives
It shifts the conversation from hitting quotas to solving problems. The questions change:
* What are our customers' goals and how can we help achieve them?
How might our customers do business in the future and how can our sales team help them get there?
What problems do our customers encounter and how can we help solve them?
How can our sales training incorporate the customer's environment?
Instilling A Sense Of Purpose Drives Revenue Through The Roof
This sales book is a blueprint for sales management leaders who want to discover their noble purpose and have it guide every decision they make. See how sales training executives use McLeod's unique insights to drive revenue.
Why Did Tom Rath, The Best Selling Author Of Strengths-Finder Call Lisa McLeod's Sales Management Book "Remarkable?"
Because he knows that selling with noble purpose shifts the conversation from cost to value, makes a better link between your product and the customer's need, captures critical business intelligence, provides access to senior management, and closes bigger deals.
Why Did Procter & Gamble's Former CMO Jim Stengel Say,"Lisa McLeod Knows What It Takes To Drive Growth?"
Because he knows first-hand how McLeod's noble purpose sales management strategy changes the way meetings are conducted and incentive programs are constructed. He's seen how it elevates the thinking in sales coaching calls and makes your presentations more powerful.
Scroll up, click the buy button today...and start building a purpose-driven sales force tomorrow.
Table of contents
- Introduction: What Is Selling with Noble Purpose?
Part I: Why Noble Sales Purpose Matters and Where to Find Yours
- Chapter 1: The Great Sales Disconnect
- Chapter 2: Why Noble Sales Purpose Works
- Chapter 3: Why Profit Is Not a Purpose
- Chapter 4: The Sales Manager Question That Changes Everything
- Chapter 5: How to Create Your Own Noble Sales Purpose
Part II: How to Live by Your Noble Sales Purpose
- Chapter 6: How Fear Flatlines Sales Calls
Chapter 7: The Dirty Little Secret about Sales Training
- The Mindset Difference between Average and Outstanding
- Five NSP Mindsets That Differentiate Top Performers
- Selling Skills: Art or Science?
- The Ugly Uncomfortable Truth about Sales Training
- NSP Mindset #1: Hold Two Goals in Your Mind at the Same Time
- NSP Mindset #2: Sit with Uncertainty
- NSP Mindset #3: Think Customer First, Product Second
- NSP Mindset #4: Create Success for Everyone
- NSP Mindset #5: Show Up with Love
- It Takes Courage to Love
- Chapter 8: Creating a Powerful Sales Narrative without Sanitizing Your Stories
- Chapter 9: How Sales Coaching Drives Better Customer Intelligence
- Chapter 10: How to Keep Your Sales Force from Being Sabotaged by Your CRM
- Chapter 11: The Trojan Horse: Using Case Studies to Grab New Markets
Chapter 12: How to Keep Your Noble Sales Purpose from Being a Mere Tagline
- Mistake #1: Assuming That Sales Calls Are Commercials
- Mistake #2: Failing to Flip the Switch in the Marketing-to-Sales Handoff
- Mistake #3: Creating Marketing Messages for “Ideal” Customers Instead of Actual Customers
- Mistake #4: Creating Marketing Materials That Don’t Match the Sales Cycle
- Marketing Can’t Play Cyrano for Sales
- Chapter 13: Using Purpose to Eliminate Turf Wars and Silos
- Chapter 14: How to Keep Internal Projects from Sucking the Soul Out of Your Sales Force
- Chapter 15: Reframe Your Team’s Internal Talk Track with One Pivotal Behavior
Part III: A Manager’s Blueprint for Creating a Noble Sales Purpose-Inspired Team of True Believers
- Chapter 16: Lose the Boring Slides: Sales Meetings That Inspire Action
- Chapter 17: Inspiring the Many Instead of the Few: Adding Purpose to Your Incentive Programs
- Chapter 18: The Ultimate Litmus Test: Using Purpose in Interviews to Eliminate Nonperformers
- Chapter 19: Using Nobel Sales Purpose to Demonstrate Value in Proposals and Presentations
- Chapter 20: Acronyms Are Not Enough: Breathing New Life into Sales Training
- Chapter 21: The Most Critical 10 Minutes: Precall and Postcall Sales Coaching
- Chapter 22: Using Your Noble Sales Purpose in Tough Negotiations
- Conclusion: How to Use Purpose to Make the Rest of Your Life More Meaningful
- About the Author
- Title: Selling with Noble Purpose: How to Drive Revenue and Do Work That Makes You Proud
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118408094
You might also like
The Storytelling Edge
A terrific and timely book that makes a compelling case for fundamentally rethinking how your business …
The Negotiation Book: Your Definitive Guide To Successful Negotiating
Negotiation is one of the most important skills in business. Fact. No other skill will give …
Stop Playing Safe: Rethink Risk. Unlock the Power of Courage. Achieve Outstanding Success
Tap the power of courage and achieve greater clarity, confidence, and satisfaction in your work and …
LinkedIn For Dummies, 5th Edition
Make LinkedIn your number one professional branding tool LinkedIn is the premiere social network for professionals …