In this chapter we studied absorption and stripping. At the end of this chapter you should be able to achieve the following objectives:
1. Explain what absorption and stripping do and describe a complete gas treatment plant
2. Use the McCabe-Thiele method to analyze absorption and stripping systems for both concentrated and dilute systems
3. Design the column diameter for an absorber or stripper for staged columns and packed columns
4. Derive the Kremser equation for dilute systems
5. Use the Kremser equation for dilute absorption and stripping problems
6. Solve problems for dilute multicomponent absorbers and strippers both graphically and analytically
7. Use the matrix solution method for nonisothermal multicomponent ...