At the end of this chapter you should be able to satisfy the following objectives:
1. Derive and use the mass transfer analysis (HTU-NTU) approach for distillation columns
2. Use HTU-NTU analysis for dilute and concentrated absorbers and strippers
3. Use the mass transfer correlations to determine the HTU
4. Derive and use HTU-NTU analysis for co-current flow
5. Use mass transfer analysis to determine tray efficiency of binary systems
6. Use mass transfer analysis for extraction mixer-settler design
7. Use rate-based simulators to design distillation columns
AIChE, Bubble Tray Design Manual, AIChE, New York, 1958.
AIChE, Tray Efficiencies in Distillation Columns, Final Report from Univ. Delaware by J. A. Gerster, ...