Use simple, serverless Azure functions to build scalable apps
About This Video
- Easily and quickly implement complex features to keep your applications efficient and maintainable without worrying about infrastructure or binding
- Get started with Azure Functions to maintain the single-responsibility concept and develop reliable and scalable applications
- Hands-on demos and unique experience on how Azure functions can be utilized to provide professional applications with much less cost, effort, and time
Serverless computing is a cloud computing execution model in which the cloud provider dynamically manages the allocation of machine resources. Azure Functions are Microsoft's answer to Serverless computing, and help you run code easily in the cloud; you can write code and not worry about the infrastructure required to run it.
This course will show you how to build a serverless app with Node.js and Azure Functions. Using Functions, you will easily build the apps you need using simple, serverless functions that scale to meet demand. Build an ecommerce application from creation to deployment and practice saving data to Azure Cosmos DB, which prompts Azure Functions output and input integration. You will see how to integrate Azure functions with SendGrid and process notification emails and also see how to integrate Stripe JS payment portal to our application. Finally you will handle continuous deployment using Azure App Services.
By the end of the course, you will have built your own serverless application with Node.js and Azure Functions using simple, serverless functions that scale to meet demand.
The code files for this course are available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Serverless-App-Development-with-Node.js-and-Azure-Functions
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Azure
- Chapter 2 : Build Your First Azure Function Using Node.JS
- Chapter 3 : Building Your Application Using Azure Function
- Chapter 4 : Adding a Payment Portal to Your Application
- Chapter 5 : Build a Scheduled Notification for Your Order
- Chapter 6 : Deploy Serverless Application
- Title: Serverless App Development with Node.js and Azure Functions
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789802870