Serverless Architectures with AWS begins by talking about the serverless model and getting started with AWS and Lambda. You'll also discover the main advantages and disadvantages of the serverless model through various use cases. You'll also explore other capabilities of the AWS Serverless Platform and see how AWS supports enterprise-grade serverless applications, with and without Lambda. From Compute to API Gateway, from storage to database, the fully managed services for building and running serverless applications on AWS are discussed in detail. Then, you'll use your learnings to deploy your first serverless project. You'll also explore the capabilities of serverless Amazon Athena, an interactive query service that makes it easy to analyze data directly in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) using standard SQL. Then, you'll learn about AWS Glue, a fully managed ETL service that makes it simple and cost-effective to categorize your data. You'll study how Amazon Kinesis makes it possible to unleash the potential of real-time data insights and analytics by offering capabilities, such as Kinesis Video Streams, Kinesis Data Streams, Kinesis Data Firehose and Kinesis Data Analytics. Last but not least, you'll learn to combine Amazon Kinesis capabilities with AWS Lambda to create lightweight serverless architectures.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the AWS services for supporting a serverless environment
- Set up different AWS services to make your application scalable and highly available
- Deploy a static website with a serverless architecture
- Build your first serverless web application
- Study the changes in a traditional web application after it is deployed as a serverless one
- Apply best practices to ensure overall security, availability, and reliability
Serverless Architectures with AWS is designed for application developers who want to develop serverless applications. You should have some experience with coding. It will be helpful for you to know the basics of Java or Node.js. You do not need any prior experience of AWS.
About The Author
Stefan Krist: Stefan Krist has over 15 years of experience in various field on Information and Technology. He has a degree in Computer Networking from University of Germany. He is specialized in Linux and DevOps Automation. He also has hosted IT conferences and has given many speeches in Linux User groups and various meetups.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : AWS, Lambda, and Serverless Applications
- Chapter 2 : Working with the AWS Serverless Platform
- Chapter 3 : Building and Deploying a Media Application
- Chapter 4 : Serverless Amazon Athena and the AWS Glue Data Catalog
- Chapter 5 : Real-Time Data Insights Using Amazon Kinesis
- Title: Serverless Architecture with AWS
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789958300
You might also like
Design Serverless Architecture with AWS and AWS Lambda
Amazon Web Services continues its domination as the leading cloud service provider on the market. Since …
Build a Serverless App with AWS Lambda - Hands On!
Immerse yourself in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with this hands-on, project-based course - and truly internalize …
AWS in Motion
See it. Do it. Learn it! AWS in Motion introduces you to working with the Amazon …
Build AWS Console App with C# for Listing AWS S3 Buckets
Learn to build an S3 Bucket Lister Console app using VS 2022 and AWS targeting .NET …