Become dexterous with live demonstrations on serverless web development
About This Video
- Learn to create event-driven scalable Serverless web applications effectively
- Create Serverless bots, REST APIs, and other interesting applications to get hands-on practical knowledge of Serverless web development.
- Use third-party services from the Serverless framework and get the best out of it.
Serverless architecture is viewed as the savior of future web development, as it makes it possible to avoid many problems that traditional cloud hosting faces. The time has come for you to join the revolution!
In this course, you will learn how to use AWS and the Serverless framework, which simplifies the process of creating serverless applications significantly. This course will take you step by step through the process of creating three real-world applications, as well as configuring AWS and the Serverless framework to work locally on your machine. You’ll also see how to deploy your applications to AWS, as well as learning how to monitor your application.
At the end of this video tutorial, you’ll learn to create an image resizer on AWS, which will automatically resize images.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Hands-On with Key Serverless Components
- The Course Overview 00:05:18
- Introducing the Serverless Framework 00:06:43
- Creating an IAM User for Your Serverless Installation 00:03:27
- Configuring Serverless to Work with Your AWS Account 00:03:05
- Creating Your First Service 00:07:45
- Deploying Your Functions 00:04:24
- Testing and Monitoring 00:06:05
- Installing Serverless Offline and Running the Application Locally 00:03:44
- Using Large Scale Monitoring and Error Reporting Tools 00:04:38
Chapter 2 : Creating a Serverless REST API
- Creating the Core Service for a Notes REST API 00:07:47
- Adding a DynamoDB Database Connection 00:07:26
- Defining the CRUD Methods 00:05:46
- Building Logic for Creating New Notes 00:05:38
- Building Logic for Retrieving the Created Notes 00:06:48
- Creating an Edit Method to Update a Note 00:04:47
- Deleting the Notes 00:04:54
- Chapter 3 : Creating a Facebook Messenger Bot
- Chapter 4 : Creating a Slackbot
- Chapter 5 : Creating an Image Resize Function
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788834124