Service Oriented Architecture Field Guide for Executives is a fundamental breakthrough in the business and technology perspectives of service oriented architecture (SOA). A valuable resource to help you understand and realize the benefits of SOA in today's companies, this guide will show you how to plan, implement, and achieve SOA value. Use a prescriptive approach to help you clearly understand SOA and to determine its applications for your business. Applicable to all industries, technology platforms, and operating environments, this innovative book will provide you with essential strategies.
Table of Contents
WHAT IS SOA AND WHY SHOULD I CARE?
- SOA PRIMER
BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT AND SOA
- WHAT IS A BUSINESS PROCESS?
- ARE YOU PROCESS ORIENTED?
- BECOMING PROCESS ORIENTED
- WHAT IS BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT?
- BUSINESS PROCESS AND SOA
- ALIGNING IT WITH THE BUSINESS
- BECOMING SERVICE ORIENTED
- FROM OBJECT TO SERVICE ORIENTATION
- BUSINESS PROCESS MODELING
- ESTABLISH THE BUSINESS PROCESS
- MONITOR AND CONTROL THE PROCESS
- IMPROVE OR ALTER THE BUSINESS PROCESS
- SOA VALUE PROPOSITION
- RISKS IN SOA ADOPTION
IS SOA RIGHT FOR MY BUSINESS?
- IS SOA RIGHT FOR YOU?
- APPLYING SOA TO VARIOUS INDUSTRIES
- CALCULATING SOA ROI
HOW SHOULD I GO ABOUT ADOPTING SOA?
- SELECTING AN SOA MATURITY MODEL
- HOW MUCH SOA DO I NEED?
- ACQUIRING THE SKILLS FOR SOA
- RISK MITIGATION THROUGH PROPER GOVERNANCE
- CREATING YOUR SOA ADOPTION PLAN
- STANDARDS IN SOA
- Title: Service Oriented Architecture Field Guide for Executives
- Release date: August 2008
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470260913