Model serving is a critical but often underappreciated aspect of machine learning.Once you have built a model using your training data set, you need to packageand deploy (i.e., serve) it. It's a surprisingly complex task, in part because modeltraining is usually handled by data scientists, and model serving is the domain ofsoftware engineers. These two groups have different functions, concerns, andtools, so the handoff can be tricky. Plus, machine learning is a hot and fast-growing field, spawning a slew of new tools that require software engineers tocreate new model serving frameworks.
This book delves into the theory and practice of serving machine learning modelsin streaming applications. It proposes an overall architecture that implementscontrolled streams of both data and models that enables not only real-time modelserving, as part of processing input streams, but also real-time model updating. Italso covers:
- Step-by- step options for exporting models in tensorflow and PMMLformats.
- Implementation of model serving leveraging stream processing enginesand frameworks including Apache Flink, Apache Spark streaming, ApacheBeam, Apache Kafka streams, and Akka streams.
- Monitoring approaches for model serving implementations.
Table of contents
- 1. Proposed Implementation
- 2. Exporting Models
- 3. Implementing Model Scoring
- 4. Apache Flink Implementation
- 5. Apache Beam Implementation
- 6. Apache Spark Implementation
- 7. Apache Kafka Streams Implementation
- 8. Akka Streams Implementation
- 9. Monitoring
- Title: Serving Machine Learning Models
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492024088
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 3rd Edition
Through a recent series of breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Python for Data Analysis, 3rd Edition
Get the definitive handbook for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python …
Practical Time Series Analysis
Time series data analysis is increasingly important due to the massive production of such data through …
Software development today is embracing events and streaming data, which optimizes not only how technology interacts …