Seven Deadliest Web Application Attacks highlights the vagaries of web security by discussing the seven deadliest vulnerabilities exploited by attackers. This book pinpoints the most dangerous hacks and exploits specific to web applications, laying out the anatomy of these attacks including how to make your system more secure. You will discover the best ways to defend against these vicious hacks with step-by-step instruction and learn techniques to make your computer and network impenetrable.
Each chapter presents examples of different attacks conducted against web sites. The methodology behind the attack is explored, showing its potential impact. The chapter then moves on to address possible countermeasures for different aspects of the attack. The book consists of seven chapters that cover the following: the most pervasive and easily exploited vulnerabilities in web sites and web browsers; Structured Query Language (SQL) injection attacks; mistakes of server administrators that expose the web site to attack; brute force attacks; and logic attacks. The ways in which malicious software malware has been growing as a threat on the Web are also considered.
This book is intended for information security professionals of all levels, as well as web application developers and recreational hackers.
- Knowledge is power, find out about the most dominant attacks currently waging war on computers and networks globally
- Discover the best ways to defend against these vicious attacks; step-by-step instruction shows you how
- Institute countermeasures, don’t be caught defenseless again, and learn techniques to make your computer and network impenetrable
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1. Cross-Site Scripting
- Chapter 2. Cross-Site Request Forgery
- Chapter 3. Structured Query Language Injection
- Chapter 4. Server Misconfiguration and Predictable Pages
- Chapter 5. Breaking Authentication Schemes
- Chapter 6. Logic Attacks
- Chapter 7. Web of Distrust
- Title: Seven Deadliest Web Application Attacks
- Release date: February 2010
- Publisher(s): Syngress
- ISBN: 9781597495448
You might also like
In Penetration Testing, security researcher and trainer Georgia Weidman provides you with a survey of important …
Radar Trends to Watch: September 2023
Read about the latest developments on O'Reilly Media's Radar.
Become well-versed with basic networking concepts such as routing, switching, and subnetting, and prepare for the …
Implementing SSL/TLS Using Cryptography and PKI
Hands-on, practical guide to implementing SSL and TLS protocols for Internet security If you are a …