Configure Servers and Services
This section covers how to add and remove servers from the farm and configure services to run on servers. The flexibility of SharePoint’s services model allows you to grow a farm from just 2 servers to a large farm with over 20 servers.
Adding and Removing Servers from a Farm
Adding a server to a farm is done just after the SharePoint installation is finished. This process is covered in detail in Chapter 1, but here is a quick recap of the steps:
1. Log into the server using the domain install account.
2. Install prerequisites.
3. Install SharePoint binaries.
4. Apply service packs and/or cumulative updates to match the farm build.
5. Install language packs, if needed.
6. Install any other software components such ...