SharePoint 2013 How-To
Need fast, reliable, easy-to-implement
solutions for SharePoint 2013? This book delivers exactly what
you’re looking for:
step-by-step help and guidance with the tasks that users, authors, content managers, and site managers perform most often. Fully updated to reflect SharePoint 2013’s latest improvements and fluid new design, it covers everything from lists and views to social networking, workflows, and security. The industry’s most focused SharePoint resource, SharePoint 2013 How-To provides all the answers you need—now!
Ishai Sagi is a SharePoint developer
and architect who provides solutions through his company,
Extelligent Design, which is Canberra, Australia’s leading
SharePoint consultancy. Sagi has worked with SharePoint since it
was introduced in 2001. Honored four times by Microsoft as a
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MVP, he has trained many end
users, administrators, and developers in using SharePoint or
developing solutions for it. He leads Canberra’s SharePoint user group and has spoken at Microsoft conferences around the world. He hosts the popular blog Sharepoint Tips and Tricks (www.sharepoint-tips.com), and authored SharePoint 2010 How-To.
Fast, Accurate, and Easy-to-Use!
¿ Quickly review essential SharePoint terminology and concepts
¿ Master SharePoint 2013’s revamped interface for Windows PCs, Surface, and smartphones
¿ Run SharePoint in the cloud with Microsoft Office 365 and SkyDrive
¿ Find, log on to, and navigate SharePoint sites
¿ Create, manage, and use list items, documents, and forms
¿ Alert yourself to new or changed content
¿ Use views to work with content more efficiently
¿ Leverage SharePoint 2013’s revamped search capabilities
¿ Organize content with lists, document libraries, and templates
¿ Use powerful social networking features, including tagging, NewsFeed updates, and microblogging
¿ Author and edit each type of SharePoint page
¿ Build flexible navigation hierarchies with Managed Metadata
¿ Systematically manage site security and content access
¿ Control permissions more effectively with the Permissions Page
¿ Create and track workflows, and integrate them with lists or libraries
¿ Customize a site’s appearance, settings, and behavior
¿ Create new Office 365 private and public site collections
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
Part I: Solutions for Readers
Chapter 1. About Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- What Is Microsoft SharePoint 2013?
- What Is the Difference Between SPF, SharePoint Server, and SharePoint 365?
- What Is a Site?
- What Is a Personal Site?
- What Are SkyDrive and SkyDrive Pro?
- What Is a Ribbon?
- What Are Apps?
- What Is a List?
- What Is an External List?
- What Is a Document Library?
- What Is a Wiki Page Library?
- What Is a Form Library?
- What Is an Asset Library?
- What Is a Picture Library?
- What Is a View?
- What Are Web Parts?
- What Are Alerts?
- What Is a Site Column?
- What Is a Content Type?
- What Is Tagging?
- What Is Managed Metadata?
- What Are Versions?
- What Does Check-in/Check-out Mean?
- What Is a Workflow?
- What Are Catalogs?
- Chapter 2. Finding Your Way Around a SharePoint Site
Chapter 3. Solutions Regarding Files, Documents, List Items, and Forms
- See What Lists and Document Libraries Are in a Site
- Open a Document for Reading
- View Properties of a Document
- Send a Link to a File or a Library by E-mail
- Tag a Document, List Item, or Page
- Tag an External Site
- View/Add Notes to a Document or List Item
- View Past Versions of Documents
- View Properties of a List Item
- View a Microsoft InfoPath Form
- Change Sorting and Filtering of a List or Library
- Switch List Views in Lists and Libraries
- Use Alerts
- Export the Contents of a List to Microsoft Excel
- Chapter 4. Searching in SharePoint
- Chapter 5. Social Networking, Personal Sites, and Personal Details in SharePoint Server
- Chapter 1. About Microsoft SharePoint 2013
Part II: Solutions for Authors and Content Managers
Chapter 6. Creating and Managing Files, List Items, and Forms in SharePoint
- Upload a File
- Upload a Picture to a Picture Library
- Create a New Document
- Create a New List Item
- Fill a Form
- Add a Document Library to Microsoft Office
- Delete a File or List Item
- Recover a Deleted File or List Item
- Edit the Properties of a File or List Item
- Use the Quick Edit View to Add, Edit, or Delete Items and Files
- Check In and Check Out a File or List Item
- Publish a File or List Item
- Restore an Earlier Version of a File or List Item
- Approve or Reject a File or List Item
- See What Files or List Items Are Waiting for Your Approval
- Synchronize a Library or Folder Using SkyDrive Pro
Chapter 7. Creating Lists and Document Libraries
- Open Your Apps Page to Create Lists and Libraries
- Create a New Document Library
- Create a New Folder in a Document Library
- Create a New List
- Create a New Survey
- Add a Column to a List or Document Library
- Add a Site Column to a List or Document Library
- Choose a Default Value for a Column
- Enforce Unique Values on a Column
- Enforce Custom Validation on a Column
- Choose a Column Type
- Enforce Custom Validation on a List or Library
- Change or Remove a Column in a List or Document Library
- Change the Order of Columns in a List or Document Library
- Branching in Surveys
- Rename a List or Document Library or Change Its Description
- Change the Versioning Settings for a List or Document Library
- Change the Document Template for the New Button in a Document Library
- Add a Content Type to a List or Document Library
- Remove a Content Type from a List or Document Library
- Enable or Disable Folders in a List or Document Library
- Configure Metadata Navigation in a List or Document Library
Chapter 8. Creating List Views
- Create a Personal or Public View for a List or Library
- Specify Columns for a View to Display
- Specify the Order of the Columns in a View
- Specify How Items in a View Are Sorted
- Specify How Items in a View Are Filtered
- Specify How Items in a View Are Grouped
- Specify Totals for a View
- Specify a Different Item Style for a View
- Specify How Folders Will Be Used in a View
- Specify the Item Limit for a View
- Enable or Disable Selecting Multiple Items in a View
- Create Mobile Views
- Modify a View
- Delete a View
Chapter 9. Authoring Pages
- Create a New Page
- Edit the Properties of a Page
- Change the Page Layout of a Publishing Page
- Edit the Contents of a Page
- Use the Text Editing Control in a Page
- Use Wiki Syntax to Link to Existing Content and Create Pages
- Use the Picture Editing Control in a Page
- Add a Web Part or an App
- Use Built-in Web Parts
- Modify a Web Part
- Reuse a Web Part (Export/Import)
- Publish a Page
- Discard the Check-out of a Page
- Compare Versions of a Page
- Chapter 10. Managing Security
- Chapter 11. Workflows
- Chapter 6. Creating and Managing Files, List Items, and Forms in SharePoint
Part III: Solutions for Site Managers
- Chapter 12. Creating Subsites
- Chapter 13. Customizing a SharePoint Site
- Chapter 14. Managing Site Security
- Part IV: Solutions for Office 365 Managers
Part V: Appendixes
- Appendix A. Common Keyboard Shortcuts
- Appendix B. Useful Links
- Title: SharePoint® 2013 How-To
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780133432275