Chapter 1. Revitalizing the Rich Client
This chapter walks you through the history of application development, especially web applications.
The topics covered are:
- Why do we need to think differently about our applications and how they relate to a server
- The different techniques that can be used without something like SignalR
- The protocols and techniques SignalR uses to do what it is doing
- Why do we need something like SignalR
- What UX improvements one could make in an application when using SignalR
At this stage the developer should have the basic knowledge of how SignalR works, and what he/she needs to rethink when designing applications that have a persistent connection to the server.
The Emperor's new clothes
As with fashion, it sometimes feels a lot ...