Chapter 18. Drag and Drop, Full Screen, Clipboard, COM Interop, Duplex Polling, Notification Windows, and Splash Screens
IN THIS CHAPTER, WE WILL:
• Use drag and drop to improve the user experience when opening external files.
• Talk about the enhancements brought to the full screen mode.
• Copy and paste using the Windows Clipboard.
• Get notifications from a WCF service using duplex polling.
• Display notifications windows to inform the user even when the application is not active.
• Improve the splash screen that is shown when the application starts.
In Chapter 17, “Transforms, Right Click, HTML Browser, WebBrowserBrush, and Isolated Storage,” we talked about a number of topics that help the Silverlight developers to create a smooth and ...