Find out what Siri's got up her sleeve with this fun and friendly guide!
Who couldn't use a little extra help these days? Answers, information, reminders, and all sorts of additional help are only a verbal query away with Siri, the artificial intelligence personal assistant. Siri made her debut with the iPhone 4 and is now updated for iOS 6 as well as the third-generation iPad and she is ready to assist! This easy-to-understand guide walks you through the vast array of capabilities that Siri boasts, from creating texts and e-mails from dictation to getting directions to finding a restaurant in the area. You'll discover how to check the weather, get sports scores and schedules, look up a movie review, get Facebook and Twitter updates, make dinner reservations, and much more.
Explains how to finesse the perfectly worded questions for Siri in order to get the most helpful and accurate answers
Details how to have Siri make phone calls for you, look up information in a dictionary or on the web, or get music
Walks you through using Siri to get stock quotes or enter numbers into a calculator and get an answer
Shows you how to use Siri to set reminders and alarms, take notes, get turn-by-turn driving directions, and more
Just like Siri, the straightforward-but-fun Siri For Dummies is here to help you!
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Getting to Know Siri
- Chapter 2: Using Siri to Organize Your Life
- Chapter 3: Using Siri While on the Go
- Chapter 4: Using Siri for Sports, Movies, and Restaurants (Oh, My!)
- Chapter 5: Using Siri for E-Mail, Texting, and Phone Calls
- Chapter 6: Getting the 4-1-1
- Chapter 7: Having Fun with Siri: Music, Podcasts, Social Networking, and More
- Chapter 8: Way More than Ten Ways to Have (Even More) Fun with Siri
- Chapter 9: Ten Great Ways to Use Siri
- Cheat Sheet
- Title: Siri For Dummies
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781118549797