Time for action - creating pencil shading in GIMP
- Select the Shaded Pencil layer.
- Select the Select by Colour tool from the main pallet.
- Set Threshold to 1.
- Go to Filters | Blur | Motion blur.
- Set Length between 10 and 20, and Angle to however you like it to simulate the direction of your pencil strokes.
- The contents of the layer are blurred in the direction you specified.
- Select this layer in the layer pallet. Select the move tool and move it back approximately within the sketchy lines (use the arrow keys).
- Select Colours | Brightness/contrast, then increase brightness and contrast a little until it looks like pencil shading.
- Set the longer blend ...
Get SketchUp 7.1 for Architectural Visualization now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.