Boost your brain and gain an edge in everything you do.
Smarter Sharper Thinking reveals how you can expand your brain's capability to think well under stress, to focus and get more out of your day, to be more creative and innovative, and to prepare you for future challenges.
Utilising the latest neuro-scientific principles, Dr Jenny Brockis shows how you can increase your brain fitness by developing a habit-changing plan to get more done with less effort.
In 12 key areas, Smarter Sharper Thinking presents simple, action-based principles that can be readily incorporated into your daily routines to train your brain for high performance.
Originally published in 2016 as Future Brain, this book has been reviewed and redesigned to become part of the Wiley Be Your Best series - aimed at helping readers acheive professional and personal success.
Table of contents
- About the Author
Part I Creating a high-performance brain
- KEY 1 Nutrition Refuelling smart
- KEY 2 Exercise You've got to move it, move it
- KEY 3 Sleep Bring me a dream
- KEY 4 Mental stretch Flexing our mental muscles
Part II Operating a high-performance brain
- KEY 5 Focus Adjusting our lens of attention
- KEY 6 Mindset Does your attitude suck?
- KEY 7 Healthy stress Creating a brain-safe environment
- KEY 8 Mindfulness Finding enough thinking space
Part III Integrating a high-performance brain
- KEY 9 Change ability Adjusting to progress
- KEY 10 Innovation Curiosity leads to insight and innovation
- KEY 11 Collaboration Side by side
- KEY 12 Leadership Thought before action
- Wiley End User License Agreement
- Title: Smarter, Sharper Thinking, 2nd Edition
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780730369509
You might also like
Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Pragmatic Thinking and Learning
Software development happens in your head. Not in an editor, IDE, or designtool. You're well educated …
Don't engineer by coincidence-design it like you mean it! Filled with practical techniques, Design It! is …