Book DescriptionGain concepts central to smartwatch design, editing and animation correction using the popular open source Galaxy Watch Designer software package. This visual guide builds upon the essential concepts of smartwatch design, decoration, digital imaging, animation, function integration, and visual effects, and gets more advanced as chapters progress, covering which digital new media file formats (JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.) are best for use with smartwatch design.
Smart Watch Design Fundamentals also covers key factors in the data footprint optimization work process, designing and optimizing animation assets, and why these optimizations are important. Additionally, the book covers other advanced topics such as how to provide free smartwatch faces for the first few days on the smartwatch store, and how to post watchface designs for sale in the store.
What You'll Learn:
- Create a smartwatch design and visual effects pipeline
- Gain knowledge of the concepts behind smartwatch design
- Work with resolution, aspect ratio, animation, and color depth
- Use smartwatch design components such as ticks, numerals, feature markers, dates, etc.
- Optimizing digital image asset data footprint to create small smartwatch design file sizes
Who This Book Is For:
This book is primarily for smart watch and fashion designers.
Table of Contents
- Front Matter
- 1. Smartwatch Design History, Concepts, Terms, and Installation
- 2. Smartwatch Design Assets: Acquisition, Concepts, and Terms
- 3. Smartwatch Design Considerations: Watch Face Types
- 4. Smartwatch Design Considerations: Watch Face States
- 5. Smartwatch Design Motion Assets: Watch Face Animation
- 6. Smartwatch Design Testing: Software and Hardware Testing
- 7. Smartwatch Watch Face Layer-Based Design Using GIMP
- 8. Smartwatch Conditional Design Using the Timeline
- 9. Watch Face Battery or Steps Taken: Percentage Conditional Design
- 10. Watch Face Complication Design
- 11. Watch Face Gyroscopic Design: Using the Gyroscope
- 12. Watch Face Weather Design: Using Weather APIs
- 13. Watch Face Algorithm Design: Using Tag Expressions
- 14. Watch Face Publishing
- Back Matter
- Title: SmartWatch Design Fundamentals : WatchFace Design for Samsung Galaxy SmartWatches
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484243695