This chapter provides an introduction to social media concepts, as well as presenting some concepts, risks, and benefits that are covered in more detail throughout the book. Through this chapter, the reader will gain a greater understanding of what social media is, how it’s developed over the years, its impact on organizations and individuals, and how it’s become a common tool in people’s lives and business practices.
Social networking; social media; communications; privacy; security
• What is Social Media?
• Understanding Social Media
• Different Types and Classifications
• The Value of Social Media
• Cutting Edge Versus Bleeding Edge
• The Problems That Come With Social Media ...