This chapter discusses how social media can be used by individuals to find job opportunities, and by organizations to find potential candidates for employment. Throughout this chapter, we will discuss possible risks related to these endeavors, and how to minimize them. This includes password security, settings in LinkedIn, and legal issues related to using social media to find employment or candidates.
Social networking; social media; communications; privacy; security; employment; branding
• Employment and Social Media
• Using Social Media to Find Employees
• Candidate Screening
• Using Social Media to Find Employment
• Limiting Personal Information
• Employees Using Social ...