Sponsored by NGINX
Architecture styles are important...and abundant. To make the right choice for a particular business problem, an architect must be familiar with all the various styles and the trade-offs encapsulated within each. No wonder that understanding them occupies much of the time and effort of new architects. Jumpstart your learning and join us for four hours of sessions on some of the most popular and useful architectural styles and how to implement them at your organization.
About the Software Architecture Superstream Series: This six-part series of half-day online events focuses on the hottest topics in software architecture, giving you the insights to keep pace with what’s next while still accommodating legacy needs. Both seasoned software architects and those looking to break into the field will learn new skills and the latest information on the tools and technologies they need to succeed.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
- Explore techniques to analyze and select the right architecture style for your business and engineering teams
- Learn how to diagram and document an architectural solution
- Better understand a variety of architecture styles so that you can champion architecture decisions to developers and stakeholders
This recording of a live event is for you because…
- You're a senior-level developer who wants to make the move to architect.
- You're a practicing software architect who wants to hone your skills and learn new software architecture techniques and practices.
- You want to better understand when to use different architectural styles.
- Read The Software Architect Elevator (book)
- Read Dynamic Reteaming, second edition (book)
- Read Microservices Patterns (book)
- Take Mastering Technical Presentations by Example (live online training course with Neal Ford)
- Read Fundamentals of Software Architecture (book)
- Read Building Microservices, second edition (book)
- Read Building Evolutionary Architectures (book)
- Read Building Event-Driven Microservices (book)
- Take Software Architecture by Example (live online training course with Mark Richards and Neal Ford)
- Take Architecture: The Hard Parts (live online training course with Mark Richards and Neal Ford)
- Take Microservice Fundamentals (live online training course with Sam Newman)
Table of contents
- Introduction and Simon Brown: Understanding Modular Monoliths
- Sam Newman: Microservices—The Modular, Distributed Architecture
- Kris Nóva and Andrew Rynhard: The Distributed Operating System Void
- Amir Rawdat: Accelerating Business Value with Microservices (Sponsored by NGINX)
- Danilo Sato: Choosing the Right Style for Your Data
- Mark Richards: Understanding Space-Based Architecture
- Title: Software Architecture Superstream Series: Software Architecture Fundamentals—Comparing Architectural Styles
- Release date: September 2021
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920624110
You might also like
Software Architecture Superstream Series: Architecture Outside of Applications
There are lots of flavors of software architecture, including integration, data, enterprise, and many others—each containing …
Software Architecture Superstream Series: Architecture Meets Data
With an eye to the future, many organizations have made the move to microservices as a …
Software Architecture Hour with Neal Ford: Cloud Native Architecture with Pratik Patel
Join us for a special conversation on cloud native architecture with Neal Ford and Java Champion …
Software Architecture Hour with Neal Ford: Communicating Architecture with Nathaniel Schutta
Architects are essentially the Rosetta Stone of an organization, providing translation services between the executive suite …