Sponsored by circleci and vFunction
Developers have no single—or clearly defined—path to becoming a software architect. But these sessions will give you a solid grasp of the fundamentals, preparing you to implement the strategies that will help your organization increase performance, reduce costs, manage complexity, build in resilience and scalability, and speed time to market. Whether you're a senior-level developer who wants to make the move to architect, an "accidental architect" who makes long-term decisions but lacks the title, or a practicing software architect who wants to hone your skills, these sessions provide the insight, advice, and essential knowledge you need to up your game.What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
- Understand how architecture styles differ from patterns
- Discover why architecture is more important than the architect role
- Explore the opportunities and challenges of using machine learning in architecture
- Learn how to deal with imposter syndrome
- You're a senior-level developer who wants to make the move to architect.
- You're a practicing software architect who wants to hone your skills and learn best practices and new techniques.
- You want to better understand how some of the newest trends in architecture will impact your role.
- Listen to The Software Architect Elevator (audiobook) or read the book
- Read Fundamentals of Software Architecture (book)
- Explore Software Architecture Fundamentals (course)
- Take Software Architecture by Example (live online training course with Neal Ford and Mark Richards)
- Read Software Architecture Patterns, 2e (report)
Table of contents
- Introduction and Andrew Harmel-Law and Diana Montalion: Architecture over Architects
- Ron Powell: CI/CD Benchmarks for High-performing Teams (Sponsored by CircleCI)
- Alex Jaimes: Scaling AIâLessons Learned in Building Large-Scale Real-Time Platforms
- Clare Sudbery: Let's Stop Judging People For Their Ignorance
- Ori Saporta: Using AI to Refactor Aging Monoliths for the Cloud (Sponsored by vFunction)
- Mark Richards: Domain to Architecture Isomorphism
- Title: Software Architecture Superstream: Software Architecture Fundamentals
- Release date: September 2022
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920814740
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …