This chapter focuses on how we categorize objects. As we work towards constructing a software system via the object-oriented paradigm, identifying the object types and their interrelationships becomes very crucial.
The chapter includes:
- Identifying Object Relationships
- Fern Diagram
- Information Topology Chart
- Object Relationship Diagrams
- Representing Details About Object Types
- Avoiding Multiple Inheritance Relationships
- Top-Down versus Bottom-Up
- Summary and Concluding Remarks
A5.1 Identifying Object Relationships
To identify relationships, you have to know what a relationship is, and what types of relationships ...