Chapter 5. Indexing
This chapter covers
- Designing your schema for indexing documents
- Defining fields and field types in schema.xml
- Using field types for structured data
- Handling update requests, commits, and atomic updates
- Managing index settings in solrconfig.xml
In chapter 3, we learned how Solr finds documents using an inverted index, which in its simplest form is a dictionary of terms and a list of documents in which each term occurs. Solr uses this index to match terms in a user’s query with the documents in which they occur. In this chapter, we’ll learn how Solr processes documents to build the index. A key factor in indexing documents is text analysis. In this chapter, we’ll focus on the indexing process and nontext fields, saving ...