Chapter 8. Faceted search
This chapter covers
- Using facets for discovery, analytics, and filtering of search results
- Showing top values in any field for matching documents via field facets
- Using range facets to get bucketized counts for numeric and date ranges
- Using query facets to get document counts for arbitrarily complex queries
- Faceting upon values not included in search results
Faceting is one of Solr’s most powerful features, particularly when you compare it to traditional databases and other NoSQL data stores. Faceted search, also called faceted navigation or faceted browsing, allows users who are running searches to see a high-level breakdown of their search results based upon one or more aspects (facets) of their documents. ...