Chapter 13. SolrCloud
This chapter covers
- Scaling Solr with the SolrCloud architecture
- Managing configuration information with ZooKeeper
- Distributing indexing and queries
- Administering the SolrCloud system
- Shard splitting and custom hashing
In this chapter, you’ll learn how to design, configure, and operate a large-scale Solr cluster using a set of features known collectively as SolrCloud. This chapter will be challenging because there are new concepts and terminology with which you may not be familiar. Rest assured that by the end of this chapter, you should have a solid understanding of managing Solr clusters and a good feel for what it takes to set up and run a robust, large-scale distributed search engine.
There’s more theory in ...