The government often uses common words in a very narrow way. We have already seen that what the general public would call communications between the government and contractor are called exchanges in the FAR. When the government intends to make award without discussions, the exchange is called clarifications. However, if a competitive range is to be established, any request for clarification of a proposal prior to the establishment of the competitive range is then called a communication, not a clarification.


After a competitive range has been established, the government must hold discussions with all the ...

Get Source Selection Step by Step now with O’Reilly online learning.

O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.