“Big data” is ubiquitous, but legal considerations regarding the collection and use of such data can get overlooked with significant consequences for all involved. This video walks through the best practices businesses should follow when working with big data to avoid triggering legal scrutiny. Topics include: providing transparency and choice around data practices; special considerations when dealing with sensitive data; attention to the organization’s data collection philosophy; support for a compliant culture; exercising due diligence on the frontend; including appropriate terms in contracts; and considerations for managing the data life cycle and data hygiene.
- Explore data handling practices that are likely to increase or reduce legal risk
- Obtain practical strategies and best practices to avoid becoming a legal target
- Understand the legal do’s and don’ts of using big data to drive business decisions
- Gain awareness of the legal expectations and best practices for big data practices
Alysa Z. Hutnik is a partner in the Advertising & Marketing and Privacy & Information Security practices at Kelley Drye & Warren LLP in Washington, DC. Alysa is editor-in-chief of the American Bar Association (ABA) Data Security Handbook, the past chair of the ABA's Privacy and Information Security Committee, and a frequent presenter on big data legal issues at O'Reilly Media's Strata + Hadoop data conferences.
Table of contents
- Title: Special Considerations for Legal and Ethical Management of Data
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491994191
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
O'Reilly Software Architecture Conference 2019 - San Jose, California
The O'Reilly Software Architecture Conference San Jose 2019 (SACON) gathered the world's leading software architects and …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
The ethics of analytics
As more and more data is being collected, concerns are constantly being raised about what data …