Speed It Up! A Non-Technical Guide for Speeding Up Slow Computers
Does your PC perform like grandma on a cold winter morning? Does it limp along slowly through everyday tasks, such as starting up, shutting down or just opening an email? Are you wondering if your PC’s get up and go has got up and left? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the book for you.
Sure, there are uber-geeky guides out there that provide tweaks and customizations appealing to the pocket protector nation, but there is no other book that addresses these common problems at the everyday consumer level. We think it’s time for a book that covers all of these topics in a way that appeals to real humans, like you. Let us help you keep your PC running like it did the day you brought it home from the store.
• Troubleshooting–We show you how to diagnose the cause of your PC’s dawdling behavior. We help you determine whether the culprit is your hardware, software, the network, a cluttered registry, or even a virus.
• Software–We show you dozens of easy, non-techy things you can do to speed up Windows, your applications, your Internet apps, and more.
• Hardware–We show you easy upgrades you can do yourself. The solutions we provide are easy to implement.
• Network–We show you how to easily fix network issues that are robbing you of precious time.
• Buyer’s advice–If it’s time to put your beloved PC out to pasture, we offer some tried and true advice for choosing a new PC and keeping it in tip-top condition.
CATEGORY: Windows Operating Systems
COVERS: Windows XP, Windows Vista
USER LEVEL: Beginning-Intermediate
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- Part I: Quick Diagnosis for Sluggish PCs
- Part II: Simple Speedups Anyone Can Do
- Part III: Power Speedups for Power Users
- Part IV: Upgrading Your PC for Speed
- Part V: Internet and Network Speedups
- Part VI: The Ultimate Speedup: Buying a Faster PC
- Title: Speed It Up!: A Non-Technical Guide
- Release date: March 2009
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: None
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Practical Guide Provides Students and Industry Professionals with Latest Information on 5G Mobile Networks Continuing the …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
The Intelligent Investor, Rev. Ed
More than one million hardcovers sold Now available for the first time in paperback! The Classic …