After completing this chapter, students should be able to do the following:
• Model operational amplifier (op-amp) circuits for control applications and specify their model parameters.
• Design analog behavioral models (ABMs) for signal conditioning applications.
• Perform analog simulations and analog behavioral modeling of control systems.
• Perform transient analysis of control systems.
• Perform worst-case analysis of AC voltage controllers for parametric variations of model parameters and tolerances.
In practical applications, power converters are normally operated under closed-loop control, which requires comparing the desired output with the actual output. The control implementation requires ...