1. Recognizing the terms is probably sufficient.
2. For those interested in these more comprehensive—but also technical—treatments, our recommendations include [1–10]. A nontechnical overview appears in . A very recent book that appeared after this book went to press is Perspectives on Spin Glasses, by Pierluigi Contucci and Cristian Giardinà (Cambridge University Press, 2012).
3. Some will be only vaguely or intuitively defined, to be sharpened in later chapters.
1. We’ll assume the naming of the problem requires no further explanation.
2. Or was, originally. But no more. TSP-solving algorithms have since found numerous applications, such as constructing genome maps; see, for example, .
3. There are too many ...