Follow these steps to display the unique number of website visitors:
- Log in to your Splunk server.
- Select the default Search & Reporting application.
- Ensure that the time range picker is set to Last 24 hours, and type the following search into the Splunk search bar. Then, click on Search or hit Enter:
index=main sourcetype=access_combined | stats dc(JSESSIONID)
- Splunk will return a single value that represents the distinct count (unique) of values in the field named JSESSIONID.
- Click on the Visualization tab.
- As there are a number of visualizations within Splunk, the Single Value visualization might not be displayed by default within the Visualization tab. Click on the dropdown that lists the visualization types and select ...