Learn how to create a production-ready, simple web application from scratch
About This Video
- Create a Spring application from scratch
- Add a RESTful API and a rich web interface
- Store data in a relational DB with transactions
- Configure and operate a Spring Boot application
The Spring Framework is the leading alternative to Oracle's Java EE offering. Spring Boot is the best option to start developing Spring applications with less code and a better development and operations experience.
This lesson is aimed at providing someone having a Java background with the necessary expertise to write a web-based application from scratch that stores data in a relational database and offers a REST-based API and a HTML interface.
We start by creating a new project and exploring the already provided test support. We then move on to add our first Web MVC controller and of course we add tests for this as well. With that knowledge we start to write our sample application and start with a REST-based API. Then, we add data storage via JPA and Spring's JdbcTemplate.
Further on, we create an HTML interface with thymeleaf and add input validation to both APIs. Spring security is the next topic we explore to secure our application from malicious users. At the end we are going to learn how to configure our application, monitor it, and check out some advanced topics regarding Spring configuration classes and the Spring Expression Language (SpEL).
After completing this course, you will be able to write a maintainable application from scratch that can be deployed and operated with ease.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Bootstrap…
- Chapter 2 : WebMVC – a First Glance
- Chapter 3 : Creating an API
- Chapter 4 : Storing Data in a Database
- Chapter 5 : Creating an HTML-based Interface with Thymeleaf
- Chapter 6 : Validating input
- Chapter 7 : Securing the App
- Chapter 8 : Preparing the Application for the Release
- Chapter 9 : Peeking under the Hood
- Title: Spring Boot- Getting Started
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788298636
You might also like
Reactive Spring Boot, 2nd Edition
6 Hours of Video Instruction Spring is the most used framework for building services and applications …
Learn Spring Boot in 100 Steps - Beginner to Expert
Become an expert on Spring Boot by developing a REST API and a Spring MVC web …
Getting Started with Spring Boot
Spring Boot offers an innovative approach to creating Spring applications. Using Spring Boot, developers can easily …
Hands-On Application Development with Spring Boot 2
Make your Spring App production-ready from day one About This Video Learn the most important parts …