NoSQL and BigData
Most applications use a relational database like Oracle, MySQL, or Postgresql; however there is more too data storage then just SQL databases. There are:
- Relational Databases (Oracle, Mysql, Postgresql, etc.)
- Document Stores (MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Key-Value Stores (Redis, Volgemort)
- Column Stores (Cassandra)
- Graph Stores (Neo4j, Giraph)
Although each of these different technologies (and even the different implementations) have their own use, they can also be hard to use or configure. Additionally, sometimes it might feel that one writes a lot of duplicated plumbing code for handling transactions and error translation. ...