Chapter 9. LDAP Directory Services
In this chapter, we will review the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and how it might be integrated into a Spring Security enabled application to provide authentication, authorization, and user information services to interested constituents.
During the course of this chapter, we'll:
- Learn some of the basic concepts related to the LDAP protocol and server implementations
- Configure a self-contained LDAP server within Spring Security
- Enable LDAP authentication and authorization
- Understand the model behind LDAP search and user matching
- Retrieve additional user details from standard LDAP structures
- Differentiate between LDAP authentication methods, and evaluate the pros and cons of each type
- Explicitly configure ...