Learn how to use SQL business intelligence to collect, analyze, and visualize crucial data and to support better business decision making.
About This Video
- Develop your SQL skills and learn how to answer business questions from data
- Work on realistic case studies and examples that will guide you step by step through understanding requirements, reviewing the database, and developing the right queries
- Discover everything you need to know to query your database and feed the results into Tableau, Excel, or other tools for further analysis
Many of us know a bit of SQL. But when it comes to answering real-world business questions, our rusty memories of database classes let us down!
This video course will take you to an intermediate level of familiarity with SQL in the context of writing maintainable and sophisticated SQL for specific business queries. You will start by importing our first dataset which will be the DVD rental database. We then will explore and put into practice various SQL clauses and Join types. All examples of fundamental concepts are tightly guided by practical and hands-on exercises. No “Foo Bar” allowed anywhere, just problems from the wild, brought into the educational space. You will also learn tricks to get external data into the database, without worrying excessively about DBA functions and considerations.
You’ll also find out how to take the data into popular BI tools (Excel and Tableau) and refine the analysis further while discussing the interpretation of the data. By the end of the course, you will have developed your SQL skills and learnt how to answer business questions from the set of data.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Installing Postgres and Our Initial Dataset
- Chapter 2 : Putting SQL Clauses into Practice
- Chapter 3 : The Big Picture of Non-Trivial SQL with Examples
- Title: SQL Fundamentals for Business Intelligence
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788471176
You might also like
Apache Kafka Series - Learn Apache Kafka for Beginners
Tutorial: Learn the Apache Kafka ecosystem, core concepts, operations, Kafka API, and build your own producers …
Statistics for Data Science and Business Analysis
Statistics you need in the office: Descriptive and inferential statistics, hypothesis testing, and regression analysis About …
Microsoft Power BI - A Complete Introduction
Learn how to use Microsoft's Power BI Tools, including Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service and …
Advanced Applied SQL for Business Intelligence and Analytics
Extend your knowledge of SQL, databases, and BI by mastering complex topics such as materialized views, …