Master SQL concepts and techniques in this nine-part video series covering:
- SQL Foundation. This first clip in the SQL video series introduces SQL and the history of SQL. Learn how SQL has matured since its inception in 1974 with System R. Understand how SQL helps users create, read, update, and delete data stored in relational database tables. Database Management Systems (DBMS) are introduced. Learn what SQL can do, and what it is designed not to do.
- SQL Components. This second clip in the SQL video series explains databases, tables, rows, and set theory - prerequisites to understanding how to leverage SQL. Learn how to measure time complexity, which will need to be considered when writing SQL. Sorting and primary keys are explained as well.
- SQL Architecture. This third clip in the SQL video series covers the SQL architecture including how SQL interacts with the database engine and how relational database structures are accessed. Learn what SQL can do and how ANSI standardization helps. We cover direct and nested SQL and when to use each. We introduce data definition language, data manipulation language, data control language, and transaction control language. Each of these languages will be discussed in detail in future clips. We also explore the SQL processor. By the end of this clip you will create your first SQL statement.
- SQL Simple and Complex Queries. This fourth clip in the SQL video series introduces both simple and multi-table queries. Become comfortable with the SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, and HAVING clauses.
- Data Definition Language. This fifth clip in the SQL video series explains the Data Definition Language (DDL) and demonstrates how to modify and access table structures. Learn about the TRUNCATE, ALTER, MODIFY, and DROP statements.
- Data Manipulation Language. This sixth clip in the SQL video series explains the Data Manipulation Language (DML) and demonstrates how to modify and access the data within table structures. Learn about the SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, and INSERT statements.
- Data Control Language. This seventh clip in the SQL video series covers the Data Control Language (DCL). Learn how to grant privileges, rights, and permissions, on tables, functions, and processes, using the RUN and INVOKE commands.
- Transaction Control Language. This eighth clip in the SQL video series covers the Transaction Control Language (TCL). Learn how to work with transactions in the database using the COMMIT, ROLLBACK, SAVEPOINT, and SET TRANSACTION commands.
- SQL and Programming. This ninth clip in the SQL video series explains how to embed SQL in programming languages and also leverage PL/SQL.