Gain the basics you need to better manage your SQL Server database environment with simplified explanations and demonstrations of its features.
About This Video
- Use advanced SQL Server features to ensure security of the instance and its databases.
- Learn to use Query Store and execution plans to ensure optimum performance of the platform.
- Help developers include Row-Level Security and Dynamic Data Masking to limit data access to users
SQL Server is a complex and feature rich platform that can requires knowledge and practice to extract optimum performance from an instance. This course will assist a database administrator in understanding the advanced security features that protect data within databases. You will also gain an advanced understanding in how to examine the activity on your system and better tune the database code to run efficiently.
In SQL Server 2016 Advanced Security and Administration, we go beyond the basics of managing and securing a SQL Server instance. This course will look at the complex world of encryption and how you can enable this to protect data at rest as well as inside the database. Learn about Always Encrypted, where the data is always protected outside of the client system. The course will show how Dynamic Data Masking and Row-Level Security can be used to ensure that your clients only view the data they should be allowed to view. Since performance is important to all clients, the course covers the ways in which an administrator can determine what activity is taking place on a database through Extended Events and how to analyse and improve performance of queries using execution plans and the Query Store.
In the end you will learn how to ensure predictable performance by analysing activity to find any performance problem, use detailed execution plans to tune query code, and use Query Store to prevent plan regressions.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Advanced Security Features
- Chapter 2 : ChapterName
- Chapter 3 : ChapterName
- Title: SQL Server 2016 Advanced Security and Administration
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787124240