In this video course, expert Java trainer and consultant Ken Kousen shows you how to build a simple Grails 3 application, starting with installation options, IDE usage, and learning how Grails handles HTTP requests and responses. He provides a quick primer on how to use the Groovy programming language to work comfortably in Grails before creating a new project from the Grails Application Forge. From there, he dives into the underlying architecture of a Grails 3 application, which includes adding controllers, seeing how responses are returned and rendered, and unit testing controllers.
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to Starting a Grails 3 Project 00:01:49
- Groovy Review Part 1 00:10:38
- Groovy Review Part 2 00:19:18
- Creating a New Grails 3 Project 00:12:41
- The Architecture of a Grails 3 Application 00:11:56
- Working with Grails Controllers 00:30:26
- Testing Grails Controllers 00:19:59
- Starting a Grails 3 Project: A Summary 00:03:23
- Title: Starting a Grails 3 Project
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491988046