Laying Out the Back of the House
In This Chapter
- Creating a functional kitchen
- Setting up efficient workstations
- Some equipment your staff will need
- Safely storing food and supplies
- Why you only need a small office space
In this chapter, we’re going to talk about the design and layout of the back of the house. We’ll look at the work that needs to be done there, the timing of that work, making the most of the space available, and how to set up the stations for the cooks and the all-important dishwasher. We’ll also look at the equipment you’ll need to run a restaurant kitchen.
The back of the house is used for other functions besides ...