Running a Safe Restaurant
In This Chapter
- How to avoid the most common health code infractions
- How to prevent accidents and injuries
- Safely storing, handling, and preparing food
- Keeping all your restaurant areas clean
- Considerations for an open kitchen
Food poisoning should not be on your restaurant’s menu. Most foodborne illnesses are linked to restaurants, because many restaurant workers don’t follow safe food handling practices. In this chapter, you’ll learn how to run a clean and safe restaurant, with systems to prevent the spread and growth of dangerous bacteria that could make your guests ill. We’ll also talk about steps you ...